Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fleece Flower Overload!

Oh my goodness, I came across the BEST video tutorials on Meg Loven's blog Loven Stamps. They show you how to make some super cute fleece flowers! Yes, fleece flowers! I had some awesome coupons for JoAnn's a couple weeks ago so I bought a few colors of fleece & then one day I watched her tutorials & made some fleece flowers for my girls. I cannot tell you how EASY this was! Really, I made all of these fleece flowers in just one day during one nap time! Awesome! Thank you Meg for sharing your ideas in these easy-to-follow video tutorials! And all you need is some fleece, a Big Shot machine, the Circles #2 die, some buttons, a needle, some thread & a hot glue gun. Seriously, every time I turn around there is another great project made with a Big Shot! I {heart} my Big Shot! And these fleece flowers are so cute as pins so you can change them up when you want or stick them on various things: headbands, hair clips, ponytail holders or even as bracelets like Meg shows you! I didn't have the Island Floral die like Meg uses to make the leaves, so I just free-handed a leaf to use as a template & I think it worked out okay too.

So the first one I tried was from the Fabulous Fleece Double Flowers video. I didn't quite realize just how big this flower would be when I was finished! I love this humongous flower though! I thought it would be super cute to pin on a bag:

So after making one huge flower I decided to try some of the smaller ones. For these flowers I used the Fabulous Fleece Flowers video. The perfect sized flowers for little girl accessories! And, of course, I used my favorite model, Kaylee! *Her poses make me laugh!*

I thought it would be cute pinned on a skirt too:


And the last kind of fleece flower I made was from the Fleece Flowers: Faster & Fresher with Scallop Circles video. These, by far, were the easiest to make because there is no sewing involved just a little hot glue! And so pretty too! I also like that you can sort of adjust the size of the flower by how tightly or loosely you wrap the fleece.

Here's a hair clip:
And pinned onto a t-shirt:

Oops, I guess I got my pictures a little out of order! Here's another Fabulous Fleece Flower but pinned to a t-shirt:

Another scallop fleece flower glued onto a headband:

Another pin:

I even made myself a ponytail holder! I did the same thing as with the scallop flowers, except I just cut off the scalloped edge. It gave me a really cute circle layered flower. I love it!
I think it would be so fun to make some bracelets too for my girls. And any of these would make cute little birthday presents for friends or party favors. I bought different shades of pink & white for these flowers, but I think next time I will try some other fun colors too! And, honestly, I can't get over how easy they are to make!
Thanks again Meg for sharing your wonderful ideas with us!

No comments: