Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lemonade Pocket


I finally got to crafting last week.  I made these lemonade pockets (70 0f them) for our monthly Relief Society activity at church.  Our theme was friendship & we decorated everything with lemons.  It turned out so cute!  I only wish I had been able to stay for the actual activity, but with the hubby at work I had to get my 3 girls home & to bed now that school is back in session.  But we did a cute "speed friendshipping" activity so that all of the ladies could get to know each other better & I hear that it was a lot of fun & everyone really enjoyed chatting.  We also had a popcorn bar set up with lots of yummy mix-ins & a lemonade bar with a few different kinds of lemonade too.  It all looked so cute I wish I had gotten a picture of it.  I made the handout for the ladies to take home which was the lemonade pocket above.  They were really easy to make, just a piece of paper that is folded & secured with brads to make a pocket.  That's where you put one of those individual serving lemonade packets.  Then I just punched a circle out of the top so that it could hang over a water bottle so they had something to mix their lemonade with.  On the front I put a quote & a cute stamped lemon.  Here's the quote we used as the center of our activity:

“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young, and hopefully, you who are young need some of us who are old...We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other. These friendships are a necessary source of sustenance. We need to renew our faith every day. We need to lock arms and help build the kingdom so that it will roll forth and fill the whole earth.”

-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

These little drink pockets are really quick & easy to make & they make a cute little gift too.  And our summer heat has just set in here in Southern California (yes, in September) & so the lemonade handout was perfect to take home & enjoy on one of these hot days!

No comments: