Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gift Card Tin for a Boy

Our nephew Bryce turned 9 yesterday! Happy Birthday, Bryce! I can't believe how big he is and how grown up he is getting! I can still remember holding him the day after he came home from the hospital and it seems like yesterday!
Well, you guys know how much I like tins, so I decorated one for Bryce's birthday gift. This is another Altoid tin that I had. It was so easy to create the Christmas ones, I decided to do another one, but for a boy's birthday. The tin has that teal metal top, so it was hard for me to figure out what boyish colors I could use to work with it. I think it turned out pretty well though.
Here's the outside of the tin. The double-stitched ribbon is the perfect size to wrap around the tin! I also love that you can buy the sports stamps in sets of a single sport. This way it's cheaper and you only have to buy the sports that you want. For Bryce it's baseball, of course!

Here is the inside of the tin with the gift card inside. You can see that it really is the perfect size to hold a gift card! I love this stamp from the Tags for All set from the Holiday Mini Collection too. It works so well for other celebrations besides just Christmas!


Here's the inside bottom of the tin. Simple, but perfect for a young boy!

Altoid tin, all other supplies Stampin' Up!: Just Baseball, Sporting, Tags for All stamp sets; Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Taken With Teal, Whisper White card stock; Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi Classic Stampin' Pads; 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Soft Sky Double-Stitched Ribbon, Night of Navy Colored Button.


No comments: