Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Handmade Christmas: Hot Cocoa Mix & Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows

So here is what we made for our friend/neighbor/whoever gifts this year-
Hot Cocoa Mix:
& Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows:

We've done the hot cocoa mix in a jar gift a few times & everyone always seems to like it. Plus it's a great gift for small & large families alike. I used pint jars this year & each jar holds 6 servings. I used a hot cocoa mix that I've used before (from Family Circle Magazine, 2007), but altered it slightly & I think it tastes a lot better this way!
Here it is:
3 cups dry milk
2-1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup non dairy creamer (our family fav is to use vanilla flavored)
1/2 cup chocolate milk mix
I dump everything in a huge bowl & use a whisk to mix it all together.
Then I put six 1/3 cup servings into each jar & decorated the jar.
On the back of the gift tag I put the directions which are:
Add 1/3 cup of hot cocoa mix to 1 cup hot water, stir & enjoy!

My 2-1/2" circle punch is the perfect size to fit the lid of the jar so I stamped a wreath, stamped "Merry Christmas" & punched it out with the circle punch. Then I tied some red grosgrain ribbon around the lid & added a hand stamped tag. They look pretty cute! Perfect for gift-giving!
Here are the decorated jars:
The gift tags:
To go with the hot cocoa mix I decided to make chocolate dipped marshmallows. I had seen the idea in a magazine a while ago & thought it was a great idea, especially since most of our little gifts are going to families with kids & kids always love this kind of stuff. And it was so easy that Kaylee & my hubby helped make them too!
We made a ton:
They look pretty yummy:
I hope everyone enjoys them!

1 comment:

Ivy said...

Such a great idea. I absolutely adore the personalized gift.

Ivy (Stampin' Ivy!)