Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Handmade Christmas: Christmas Cards

Every year I send out handmade Christmas cards. Most people think I'm crazy, but I just love doing it. Some years I make a few different designs to mail out & other years I just make one design. This year I made one design, but every card was slightly different based on what designer paper & brads (or buttons) that I used for it.
Here is our card for 2010:
I wanted a "vintage" feel to our card this year, but then the vintage designer paper I planned on using turned out to be a lot darker than what I wanted. So I ended up using some fun striped paper instead & I still think the card has a vintage hint to it with the pretty crochet ribbon & the antique brad.
Here's a close-up of that pretty antique brad:
Overall I'm really happy with how our cards turned out this year. I made a ton of them & then soon realized that I needed quite a few more. How does our list just seem to get longer & longer every year? So I ended up making a bunch more of another design that I'll share with you another day. And as much as I love making our holiday cards every year I think next year I will just do something digital. It just takes up too much time to make that many handmade cards when I've got 2 little girls to chase after every day. Unless I can start them in September & get them done early. Yeah, I don't see that happening either!

No comments: