Saturday, January 3, 2009

Picture Frame Dry Erase Board

I saw this idea for using a picture frame as a dry erase board on Jill's Card Creations a few weeks ago & loved it! What a great idea! This was so easy to make too. I just got a 12" x 12" frame at Michael's with a 50% off coupon so it only cost me $4.50. Then I decorated a sheet of designer paper by stamping "notes" on it & adhering some coordinating felt flowers with brads. Then I just put this inside of the frame under the glass & now I can write all over it with a dry erase marker! I also tied the ribbon around the frame before I put the glass back in so that it would stay in place. I made this to match the colors in our office/craft room. I'm thinking this would make a great class too. You could use any designer paper to coordinate in your house. Let me know what you think!
Here's a close-up of some of the details:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I really like this! I may use this idea for a small class! :)

sisjulie1 said...

This is great! I'm going to make one of these for myself. I love your creative ideas.

Anonymous said...

Julie, I think it is really cute and a great idea for a class!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I so so so love it!!!
Could you please bring it to the meeting if you can? I want to make one!
Kelli