Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sneak Peak from the New Catalog!

I just seem to have so many male/boy birthdays this time of year! These cards are for my sister-in-law's new stepsons. They are twin boys who are turning 9! These are what I came up with, both cards are so easy! The first card turned out way better than I thought! I love those colors together! On the second card I tried the "faux embossing" technique I have seen a few other people use. You just use your punches to punch out shapes in the same color as your background & then glue them onto the background so that it gives an embossed look. I used the new Large Star Punch for the card. (I also used the new Celebrate Everything stamp set for the card. Both will be available in the new catalog, starting January 1st.) I like the look, but the card just seems really plain to me. I'll have to play with this technique some more!
All supplies Stampin' Up!: Headline Numbers, Typeset Numbers, Polka Dot Background, It's Your Birthday stamp sets; Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White card stock; Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pads; Stampin' Dimensionals, Blue Bayou Double-Stitched Ribbon.

All supplies Stampin' Up!: Celebrate Everything stamp set; Certainly Celery, Ruby Red, Whisper White card stock; Ruby Red, Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pads; Large Star Punch, Navy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: