Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another Occasions Mini Sneak Peak!

It's that time again! Tonight is my monthly demonstrator's meeting. For swaps this month we were supposed to choose anything from the upcoming Occasions Mini Collection (available March 1-May 31). I chose a set called Friendly Flowers. I instantly loved this set when I saw it! My favorite flower is the sunflower, so when I saw this flower image from the set I knew it would make a perfect sunflower. I can't wait to see what everyone else chooses!
I used a couple of new tools on this card, but it's hard to tell-the Coluzzle Cutting System & the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I used my new Coluzzle to create the circle in the Kraft paper. It was so easy to use! And the kit is great for the price-you get a circle template, oval template, cutting mat & cutting knife packaged in a Craft Keeper. Each template cuts many different sizes too. I raised the Kraft paper over the Wild Wasabi paper & stamped sunflower by adhering it with Stampin' Dimensionals. It gives a window effect to the card, but I know it's hard to tell from the photo.
The other tool I used was the Stamp-a-ma-jig. This tool is awesome! I don't know why I waited so long to buy one! I think I was intimidated because I wasn't quite sure what it was or how to use it. The Stamp-a-ma-jig is a reusable stamp positioner that allows you to have exact positioning of your stamp every time. Did you notice how nice & straight my "friend" sentiment is? All 25 of my swaps are perfectly straight thanks to this tool! It would be great to use for any of the 2-step Stampin' sets or the alphabet stamp sets where you want to make sure you know exactly where you are stamping. Kristina Werner has a great video tutorial on her blog that shows you how to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig & she gives you some really great tips too, click here to see it (You have to scroll down a little until you get to "Video Tutorial: Stamp-a-ma-jig". This link takes you to all of her video tutorials & they are really helpful. I recommend watching them all!). I love how Kristina uses Vellum Card Stock with her stamp sets so that she doesn't have to stamp & clean the imaging sheet every time. She is so clever!
All supplies Stampin' Up!: Friendly Flowers, Poka Dot Background stamp sets; Kraft, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White card stock; VersaMark & Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad; Summer Sun & Chocolate Chip markers, Wild Wasabi Double-Stitched Ribbon, Coluzzle Cutting System, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

No comments: