Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Embrace Life Swaps

Tomorrow night is my monthly demonstrator meeting at my upline's house. Yes, it does feel like we just had a meeting! :) We're having it a week early this month due to vacations. Our swap set for this month is Embrace Life (111011, set of 5, $23.95, p. 84). It is such a pretty stamp set! This is the card I came up with. The colors are a little out of my comfort zone, but I wanted to use the Bali Breeze Designer Paper, so my color inspiration came from that. I used the Crayon Resist technique with the large flower. You stamp your image on Glossy White card stock using a StazOn ink pad (outlined images work the best for this technique). Then you take a white crayon & trace the outline of the image. Then you use a Stamping Sponge to apply ink onto the Glossy White card stock (you get a better contrast if you use a darker colored ink). Lastly, just take a tissue or paper towel & rub it all over the Glossy White card stock (this removes any ink from the white crayon, making it really stand out). I really like how they turned out & I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!
All supplies Stampin' Up!: Embrace Life stamp set; Bali Breeze Designer Paper, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Taken With Teal, Glossy White card stock; Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pads, Black StazOn Ink Pad; White crayon, Stamping Sponge, Old Olive Poly-Twill Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: