Friday, May 2, 2008

A Masculine Birthday Card

It's my brother-in-law's birthday on Sunday so I needed to come up with a masculine card. Is this too femme? I love that Summer Picnic Designer Paper so I just based the card off of that as the background. To get the 2 shades of orange on the icing of the cupcake I inked up the cupcake topper & stamped it first on a piece of scratch paper, then I stamped it onto my card stock (this made it slightly lighter). Second, I stamped the dots in the same color ink & then stamped it directly over the cupcake topper so that those would be darker. I like how it turned out, hopefully he will too. Happy Birthday, Clay!
All supplies Stampin' Up!: Big Bold Birthday stamp set; Summer Picnic Designer Paper, Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White card stock; Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red Classic Stampin' Pads; Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Brads-Soft Subtles, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this card; it's bright and cheery & think it would suit anyone.