Monday, July 14, 2008

Little Lady



You may be thinking that this ladybug set doesn't look like it's from Stampin' Up!-and you are right! It's from Papertrey Ink. I feel like a traitor! This is probably the first stamp set I've bought that isn't Stampin' Up! Shocking, I know! Anyway, when I was pregnant & we found out we were going to have a girl I knew right away that I didn't want a typical pastel nursery. I found ladybug nursery stuff at JCPenney & decided to go with that. I love my daughter's nursery (see bottom photo above)! Just last week we bought her a big girl bed (she's now a little over 2 years old!) & have decided to move away from the ladybugs, so I guess I'm feeling a little bit nostalgic! Anyway, I found the Little Lady stamp set from Papertrey Ink & knew I had to buy it! It is so adorable! And I love how the Papertrey Ink stamp sets come. They are clear & come with each little piece seprate so that it's very easy to create multi-colored images & to layer the images. It's also nice because since they are clear you can see through them & right to where you are stamping. And the Papertrey Ink website is awesome! They give you so many great tips for using the stamps & there is a great idea gallery. I had so much fun making these cards!
The first photo above I thought would make a cute baby shower card. The second photo was inspired from the quilt in my daughter's nursery (sorry I don't have a photo & she's napping so I don't dare disturb her). And the last photo is one shot of her nursery. I should also mention that I used the new Scallop Edge Punch from Stampin' Up! on both cards above. I love that new punch! It will be available in the new catalog starting August 11!

No comments: