Saturday, August 22, 2009

Baby's First Year Album

I made this album with a retired Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' Kit before Aidynn was born. It's a calendar-style album that I'm going to use to record everything from her first year. I made an album similar to this when my daughter, Kaylee, was born & it was so convenient! I made the entire album & then each month all I had to do was write down on the calendar important firsts or other things that I wanted to remember & then fill in with some favorite photos from the month & other memorabilia as well. This is such a quick & easy album because I just use the same layout for each double-page spread. I've already filled in the month of July for Aidynn & can't wait to complete this album for her throughout her first year. So easy & it makes a great gift too for someone expecting a baby. Sorry some of the photos are a little blurry, I didn't take the time to remove each sheet from the page protectors.
Here's the cover of the album:

And here's the title page of the album (the pink square on the bottom right states all of her birth day stats):

Here's the completed spread for July. The left side has 2 pockets to hold favorite photos that I print out each month & other memorabilia. I also write a "Mom's Thoughts" page each month recording any memories or thoughts that I have at the time. Then I have a 4-1/4" x 6-1/4" piece of card stock already glued down on the upper right corner to frame a 4" x 6" photo that I print each month. For Aidynn, big sister Kaylee picked out a puppy stuffed animal that we'll take her picture with each month to watch her grow throughout the year. Each month's puppy picture will go in that spot. Then on the right side is the calendar where I'll write the events, firsts, etc. that I want to record for each month.
A close-up of the left side:
A close-up of the right side:

And then here are some other 2-page spreads that I really like from the album:








The Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' Kits are really such a great way to complete an album like this because they have everything you need-card stock, designer paper & self-adhesive die-cuts. And everything coordinates so well! I love it! And I'm excited for the release of the new Stampin' Up! digital scrapbooking program (coming this fall) because I think it will be even easier to create great albums like this one!

No comments: