Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Simply Adorned

Yes, you've heard right! Stampin' Up! now has jewelry! Of course, in true Stampin' Up! fashion, it's not just plain old jewelry, but jewelry that you can craft on. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about this at first myself, seeing as I don't wear much jewelry & what I do wear I am pretty picky about. But I have to say that I am really impressed with the Stampin' Up! jewelry!
The jewelry line is called "Simply Adorned" & features a bracelet & necklace chains in either a 24" or 34" length. They are stainless steel & have a toggle clasp with a Stampin' Up! charm identifier. Then there are simply adorned charms (sized 5/8" circle or square-perfect for the bracelet or 1-1/2" x 2" rectangle, 1" x 1-1/4" rectangle or 1" x 1" square-perfect for the necklaces). The charms are nickel-plated with tempered glass on the front & back with a lobster clasp. It's a locket-style charm with a hinge which allows you to insert any custom artwork or photos. So fun! They also come packaged in a cute & simple chocolate brown gift box-great for making & giving as a gift!
So I decided to get the bracelet & a 5/8" circle charm to try out this new jewelry. Let me also tell you that it's pretty affordable too which is great! The bracelet costs $7.95 & the circle charm costs $8.95. I love hearts & so I stamped a small heart in Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White card stock. Then I punched out the heart using my 1/2" Circle Punch. This is the perfect size to fit inside of the charm. I did this twice so that my charm has the same heart on both sides. I used a heart from a new stamp set in the Occasions Mini Catalog called "Tiny Tags" ($22.95 wood, $16.95 clear). The thing that I like about the Simply Adorned jewelry is that if you get sick of one design, you can stamp something else & change it out-you have a whole new piece! I've seen so many cute ideas from other demonstrators too! Some have made keychains with the charms, some have used satin ribbon for the necklace chain, the possibilities are endless!
Ok, so I've babbled on enough about the jewelry, here are some more pictures!
The bracelet, charm & gift box:
Here's the toggle closure & the Stampin' Up! charm:
Here's the bracelet in the gift box:
And the bracelet & charm on my wrist:
The closure side on my wrist:
I can't wait to buy some more jewelry to craft!
If you want to find out more info or would like to order some jewelry yourself, email me!

No comments: