Saturday, June 5, 2010

Color Renovation

Stampin' Up! announced this year that they are doing a "color renovation." This means that they are reorganizing their current colors, getting rid of some colors & adding some new colors to their group of core colors. I've been having a hard time with this concept because I love all of the current colors so much. Plus, as a demonstrator, I just see $$$ that I will have to put in to be able to have the current colors. The other day I decided to go through & remove the retired colors from my card stock stash.
Here is my card stock supply before:
And here is my supply after removing the retiring colors:
It's so sad, it looks so bare! Plus this doesn't even show the ink pads, markers, designer papers & all of the other accessories that have the retired colors in them that will now be retired too. It's just a little overwhelming!
I know change is hard, but I'm sure that over time I will adjust. And I do have to say that I am excited for some of the old In Colors to return-River Rock, Riding Hood Red! I guess I need to add some of those new colors to my shelf so that it doesn't look so sparse!

No comments: