Monday, November 1, 2010

Dinosaur Girl

Wow, I have been lagging lately! What can I say? So many Halloween parties & a nasty cold that has made its rounds through my entire family. Ick! Well in my previous post I showed you the Halloween birthday card I made for my niece. Today I want to show you the present that I made for her. A cape! Not just any cape, but a pink dinosaur cape!


I love that my niece is so into dinosaurs! It is so cute! I've been seeing so many cute capes in the blog world & added them to my to-do list for my girls for Christmas this year (they will be getting some princess capes). When I was trying to decide what to make for my niece for her birthday it dawned on me that I could make a little dinosaur cape for her. I think it turned out pretty darn cute for my first cape! I started with some pretty pink satin & just used a large bib that I had as my guide for creating the top of the cape. It closes with some Velcro strips so that it's somewhat adjustable too. Then I just happened to find a dinosaur die-cut in a box of my old school stuff when we were going through our garage (you know like the shapes they will put on the board in classrooms-this one said "good job") & enlarged it on my photocopier. I cut it out of some bright green fuzzy fleece that I had & then I hand-stitched it onto a large silver circle. Then I sewed the circle & dinosaur onto the cape.


I also lined the back with a really cute green, white & pink cotton fabric. I decided that she needed a cute dinosaur tote bag to carry all of her toy dinosaurs around in too. I used the same green flowered fabric as on the back of the cape & then made a dinosaur applique for it too! Then the inside is lined with dark pink polka dot fabric.


Here's the birthday girl! I hope she likes it!


No comments: