Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Digital Valentines

I've decided that it's time to start going all lovey-dovey here on the blog in preparation for Valentine's Day, which is only 3 short weeks away! I have so many projects on my {To Do} list & I'm already feeling that I'm just not going to have time to make them all. Well, I'll just do what I can! So I decided to make some digital valentines this year. I simply imported my photos into My Digital Studio & then added some cuteness to create a cover for my card (I opened an 8-1/2 x 11 blank page, but then made sure to work in only a 5 x 7 area for later cropping purposes). Then I exported my project to jpeg, cropped it to 5 x 7 in iPhoto & then uploaded it to Costco. I've been wanting to see the quality of the Costco folded greeting cards for a while & thought this would be the perfect project to test it out on. It costs $7.99 for 10 cards, envelopes included. You can customize the front, both inside pages & back of the card, plus they will even print the return address on the envelopes for you. Sweet! The only thing is that you can't pick them up at the warehouse, so you have to pay for shipping which was $4.99. I can't wait to see how they turned out though. If they're nice then I see this as a great option for Christmas cards for next year! I'll let you know!
So I made 2 different designs. This is the one I chose to use for the cards I'm having printed through Costco:
We had some family pictures taken in AZ right after Christmas & I love how they turned out! I love this simple card front!

This was option #2:
I like this one too, but I ended up using these photos on the inside of the card.
I hope they turn our well!

No comments: