Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cute Crayon Purse

I've seen cute little purses like this before around on blogs or Pinterest, where there are pockets on the outside to hold crayons. So clever! I decided to make one for my niece for her 6th birthday. It was so easy to make & hardly took any time at all! I didn't use a pattern or template, but just kind of figured it out as I went along. I love how it turned out! And my 5-year-old loved it too & was immediately asking for me to make her one so I think I will just have to make a couple of these for my girls for Christmas this year. They're great to take along to church or doctor's appointments or restaurants or anywhere when you might need to have your child quiet & entertained for a while. For the size bag I made I could fit 9 crayons in the outside pockets. I used the twistable crayons just because they're pretty clean & kids can just twist them up when they get low.

Of course I wanted the other side to be cute too, so I added a ruffle & a button:
Inside I put a blank pad of paper, an alphabet activity book & a small Tangled coloring book:
I hope it gets lots of use!

No comments: