Friday, December 16, 2011

Handmade Christmas 2011: Yummy Snack Mix

We love snack mix around here! So I thought a Christmas-style snack mix would make the perfect simple neighbor/friend/teacher/whoever gift this year. First I used the Num Num Mix recipe from Somewhat Simple to make the Chex part. I had made this recipe for a Halloween-style snack mix back in October & it is super good. I thought it was just a little too sweet for my taste though. So this time around I cut the ingredients for the glaze in half but still used the same amount of Chex cereal-perfection! Then I just added some pretzels, peanuts & Christmas M&Ms. This is the perfect combination of salty & sweet & is pretty addicting once you start eating it! Then I divided it into mason jars-one of my favorite ways to package a goody. I made a simple label for the top & tied some pretty ribbon around the lid & they were ready to go!
I hope everyone likes this snack mix as much as we do!

No comments: