Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!



My husband's job requires him to work every 4th of July.  Every year.  Every.  Single.  One.
It really stinks because we love the 4th of July!  And it's just not the same celebrating without him.  But, what can we do?  In our city fireworks were made legal again this year.  We haven't been able to do fireworks here (legally) since I was a little girl.  So, of course, we headed to our local fireworks stand to pick some up.  We set them off last night because the hubby has to work today.  
Our girls loved it:
 Such a fun holiday & celebrating our independence & the birthday of our great country!

So I had been meaning to write this little post for a long time, but it just didn't happen.  We've been so busy.  My oldest just had her tonsils & adenoids out & her ears drained so we've been recovering from that.  It was supposed to be an outpatient surgery, but she just didn't handle it as well as we thought & we ended up staying in the hospital overnight.  Luckily I think we are on the mend now!  It's so hard watching your children suffer & be in pain.  

Anyway, I didn't have a lot of time to make any 4th of July crafts this year, but I did a few that I wanted to show you.  All were inspired by Pinterest, of course!

Here's what I put on my little red shelf in our entryway:
The "God Bless America" printable is found here.
The 4th of July subway art is found here.
The fireworks we made at our Super Saturday at church last month, inspired by this

This was super easy to make too & I have it above my bookshelf in our family room.  I just taped off the stripes on a 12 x 12 canvas & then painted them red.  I painted a metal star navy blue & then hot glued it down to the canvas.  I wish I had a star that was a little bigger, but this was the only size I found at my craft store.  The canvas star art was inspired by this.

So I know it's a little late now to share these, but you could always make them now & then you'll be way ahead of the game for next year!

I hope you all had a fun & safe 4th of July!

No comments: