Thursday, November 15, 2007

Letters to Santa

So I saw this cute mailbox tin at Hallmark the other day that was all decorated in Christmas colors and said "Letters to Santa" on it. They were selling it for $22.95. I went home and I thought, "I can make one of those!" And I did! Wouldn't you know it that Provo Craft makes these mailbox tins too! What a great company! They really have a tin for everything! And they are so much cheaper! (If you don't already know, I seem to have an addiction to decorating tins!) This one is smaller than the one sold at Hallmark, but it definitely gets the job done! It was super easy to make and I know that when my daughter gets older she'll love to put her letters to Santa in it!Above is one side of the mailbox. Stampin' Up! 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon fits perfectly to wrap around the ends!
Above is the front of the mailbox, with Santa on it, of course! It's hard to tell from the photo, but Santa's beard and white parts of his hat have Dazzling Diamonds on them. It looks really cool in person!
Above is the other side of the mailbox with the famous question: Naughty or nice?
All supplies Stampin' Up!: Naughty or Nice, Merry & Bright, Short Order Alphabet stamp sets; Dashing Designer Paper, Old Olive, Very Vanilla card stock; Basic Black, Old Olive, Real Red Classic Stampin' Pads; Real Red & Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers, Dazzling Diamonds, Stampin' Dimensionals, Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Red Gingham Ribbon.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Too cute!! And, what a great keepsake for when your child gets older, you can look back and say, "back in 2007, you wanted XXX. Remember how popular those were?"

Anonymous said...

SOOO cute. I love that Santa! Great idea. I'll have to try and find one of those tins for myself. Thanks for the neat idea.