Friday, December 14, 2007

Our Family Christmas Cards for 2007

Well, they are finally done & off in the mail! Here is our family Christmas card for this year. In previous years I've made numerous designs to send out, but this year I just made them all the same. And I have to say, it was so much faster & easier! Anyway, I can't totally take credit for this idea. I got it from my friend, who got it from someone else, etc. I just altered it some. So I don't know who originally came up with the design, but thank you! And I just love these colors together! If you remember, I used these colors for another Christmas card design this year too. And this card style works perfectly for us for Christmas because we always include a little typed out family update & a family photo. The bottom flap perfectly holds everything inside of the card & it closes nicely underneath the scallop circle. Also, you can't tell from the photo, but I used the Shimmery White paper. It looks awesome in person! Here are the directions for this style of card:
Cut card stock to 4 1/4" x 11". Score at 3 1/2" & 9". The Shimmery White card stock is 4 1/4" x 2 1/2" (center this on the upper flap of the card & glue). The Always Artichoke strip is 4 1/4" x 1" (glue this directly under the Shimmery White card stock, and some of it should hang off). Punch a scallop circle & adhere to the Always Artichoke strip by putting a Stampin' Dimensional on the back toward the top (this allows the bottom flap to fit right underneath the scallop circle, keeping the card closed).

Here is a pic of what the card looks like opened up. You can see how the Always Artichoke strip hangs off. Inside I stamped: "Warmest greetings of the season and every good wish for the coming year."

All supplies Stampin' Up!: The Snowflake Spot, Many Merry Messages, All Holidays stamp sets; River Rock, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Shimmery White card stock; River Rock, Always Artichoke Classic Stampin' Pads; Red Gingham Ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Rich Regal Brads-Always Artichoke, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: