Friday, February 8, 2008

Cherry Recipe Tin

I am so excited about this project! I have been wanting to make a recipe tin for a long time & when I saw this Summer Picnic Designer Paper in the upcoming Occasions Mini Collection (starting March 1st) I just knew it was perfect! I also used the Tart & Tangy stamp set which is from the Occasions Mini Collection & I used the From the Kitchen of & Taffy Alphabet stamp sets. The tins are from Provo Craft (size: 7" x 5" x 4", perfect for 4" x 6" recipe cards!) & I usually purchase them through Crazy Scraps. I am planning on making this a project for my next stamp class, so stay tuned for more details about that.
I am also currently working on another recipe tin using the Afternoon Tea Designer Paper from the Occasions Mini Collection so watch for it. That paper has a sort of heritage feel to it, so I'm going to make that tin a "Favorite Recipes" tin where I can store all of my favorite family recipes that have been handed down. I hope you enjoy the pics! I love these colors together & the cherry paper is just so cute!

This recipe card holder is made out of a jumbo binder clip. It is decorated to match the recipe tin, of course!


Here's the front of the recipe tin.


A view of the top of the recipe tin. I stamped "Yummy" on the blue paper & punched it out with the small oval punch.


A view of the back of the recipe tin. It says "from the kitchen of: Julie Monroe."

No comments: