Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sneak Peak Baby Card

My new niece has arrived! Her name is Ainsley Jane & she was born on Valentine's Day! She is just so cute & I forget how small they are when they're first born! I now have a total of 11 nieces & nephews! Congratulations to Clay, Beth & Ashlyn!!!
So I had to make a baby card for some little goodies that we bought for Ainsley. I decided to get out some of my new stuff from the Occasions Mini Collection (available March 1st). If you haven't noticed yet, I've been using a lot new supplies from this upcoming mini catalog-there is so much great stuff in it! The onesie, flower & sentiment are stamps from a set called By Ones & By Twos. The white flowers are rub-ons from the Sale-A-Bration Love & Happiness set. I also had some scraps from the Special Delivery Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit & decided to use it for the card. My sister-in-law has used these colors for the baby announcements, so I thought this way it would coordinate with that.
I am also giving her one of my Baby Girl Tins which is done using the same scrapbook kit, so it will all match. I love these colors together! The base of this card is made with our Textured Card Stock, which I had never used before. I have to say, it was much easier & cleaner looking to use the rub-ons than it was to stamp on it.
All supplies Stampin' Up!: By Ones & By Twos stamp set; River Rock Textured Card Stock, Groovy Guava, So Saffron, Whisper White Card Stock; Basic Brown, Groovy Guava Classic Stampin' Pads, So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker; Love & Happiness Rub-Ons, Special Delivery Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit, Apricot Appeal 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, River Rock Double-Stitched Ribbon, Blender Pens, Corner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: