Saturday, April 12, 2008

Birthday Card/Gift Card Holder

Here's another birthday card! This one is for my nephew. Happy Birthday, Garret! I know they say that gift cards are impersonal, but I don't necessarily agree. Most of the time people love to get a gift card to a place that they really like. Then they can go & buy anything they want. My nieces & nephews especially like to get gift cards. They think it's cool to have "money" to spend at a store. So Garret is getting a gift card to Target. I know that he'll find something he likes there! So I wanted to make a card that would hold a gift card too.
Here's what the card looks like opened up. I just folded up the bottom to make a pocket for the gift card & then stapled it. So easy! I also used the On Board chipboard star for this card. How fun! I just glued it onto a small piece of designer paper, then cut around it, & then sanded the edges. It looks really cool in person.
All supplies Stampin' Up!: It's Your Birthday, Wonderful Favorites stamp sets; Spring Break, Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper, Kraft, Whisper White, Old Olive card stock; Not Quite Navy, Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pads; On Board Chipboard-star, Star Punch, staples, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: