Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Birthday Party Invitations

My husband's cousin called & asked me to make some invites for a surprise birthday party he's planning for his mom. The hard part is that he lives in San Francisco so we had to communicate through phone or email. I made some samples for him to choose from & emailed the pics to him. I tried to incorporate a butterfly into all of the samples because his mom really loves butterflies. The invitation above is the one that he chose. It was my favorite too! It looks so pretty in real life & without all of the blacking out of personal info! He saw this card on my blog & loved it so much that I thought I would just transform it into an invitation. I added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the butterfly too so it looks so pretty & sparkly. It turned out really nice if I do say so myself! (I know the picture looks a little funny, sorry!)
Below are some of the other samples I made:

I love this card & I have to confess that it is not my own idea! I saw this on the fantastic blog of Dawn McVey, click here to see her card. I just changed the colors & a couple other little things. This is my favorite color combo right now-River Rock, Soft Sky & Close to Cocoa. All of the party details are inside of the card.

This card is square, which I love! Unfortunately it costs a little more to send the square envelopes. I love Pretty in Pink & Chocolate Chip together too!


For this one I used my Silver Embossing Powder for the 60 & the butterfly, but I wish I had left the butterfly off. I like it better without the butterfly.

These colors are so pretty together too-Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery & Bashful Blue. All of the party details are inside of the card.

Thanks again, Tommy for letting me make the invitation for you! I hope everyone likes how they turned out!

No comments: