Monday, April 21, 2008

The Birthday Party

Well my daughter turned 2 yesterday! I can't believe how quickly those 2 years have gone by! We had a birthday party for her yesterday at our house. It was a lot of fun, complete with the Mickey & Friends bounce house! I didn't really have a specific "theme" for her party. It just basically was colorful & we had cupcakes everywhere! Below are some pics from a few things I made for her party. I just used the same colors & style that I used for her birthday party invitations, click here to see those again. Enjoy!
I made some cupcakes to put in my cupcake stand & I just made these simple decorations for each one. I just used lollipop sticks & they worked great!

I made 16 goodie bags for her cousins & friends who came. I just used the small cellophane bags & made a simple topper to staple on top.


Here's a close-up of the goody bag.


I made this little "Party Time" stick to put in the pot on our front porch. I just used my Cricut machine for the scallop & the circles & then taped it onto a cheap piece of dowling.

I found these colorful buckets in the $1 bin at Target. I covered them with a bunch of rub-ons that I got from Sale-A-Bration. Then I filled them up with some leftover Easter-colored Hershey Kisses that I got on sale, but the colors matched everything perfectly! The sticks in the center are the same as the ones I made for the cupcakes, except I used longer sticks & tied bows around them. Then I stuck one of these in the center of every table & they looked really cute! Plus, candy is always good as a centerpiece!

No comments: