Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Baby's Almost 2!!!

I can't believe that my daughter is almost 2! It's amazing how fast the time flies! We're having a little birthday party for her & so I had to, of course, make some invitations to send out. I really love the new Carousel Notes from the Occasions Mini Collection 2008, but I just didn't want to use those colors (they come in Groovy Guava, Soft Sky & Wild Wasabi) for her party theme, which is basically just a cupcake theme. The stamp set Big Bold Birthday just worked out perfectly for these!
Then I remembered that my handy dandy Cricut machine could cut out some really big scallop circles for me in any colors that I want! So I used my Cricut to cut out the scallop circles & the other large circles as well. It was so quick & easy! You gotta love that machine (thanks again, Jill)! And every little girls needs some bling, right? So I used the new Stampin' Glitter-Fine Cosmo for the top of the cupcakes (they are cut out & adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals). And I based my color palette off of the colors of the glitter-Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Rose Red & Lovely Lilac. They look so sparkly in person I just love it! And I had to make 16 invitations, so I made 4 each of the 4 different color schemes above (I guess I get bored easily!). It's so fun to switch around the colors! They each fit perfectly inside of a Medium Square Envelope too. Well, I know my daughter won't remember these invitations, but hopefully one day she will appreciate my efforts! :)

Here is a close-up of the front of one of the invitations.


Here is the back of the invitation where I put all of the party details.

2 comments:

Kalli Monroe said...

hey i like looking at your fam blog give me an email so i can if u dont mind:-} kmonroe7@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Julie..
I love your work. How can I subscribe to your site?
thanks