Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Few Fun Ideas

Here are a few fun ideas from my demonstrator meeting last night: I was asked to demonstrate the crayon resist technique at our meeting last night & so this is the card I used to showcase that. The pink square in the very center is actually white glossy paper. Then I stamped the flower in black StazOn ink. I used a white crayon to outline the black lines of the flower image. Then I used a sponge with Pink Passion ink to cover the entire square of glossy paper with ink. To finish I just rubbed a tissue over the entire glossy square. The crayon resist technique is so easy & you get such beautiful results!
This is a card we made last night. The large star is from our On Board Chipboard. We just covered it with designer paper, sanded the edges, & then applied 2 different star rub-ons as well. We also used the Small Star Punch to punch out stars in the same color as the card base which gives a neat embossed look.
Here is a candy wrapper we made. These are so easy to make & are a great little gift to give out. We added the Chunky Essentials Glitter to the center of the "o" in "enjoy," but it's hard to tell in the photo.
It's so much fun to be able to go once a month to these meetings with fellow demonstrators to share ideas with one another. Isn't that what this craft is all about? Thanks again for all you do Margaret & Kelli!

No comments: