Friday, June 20, 2008

Finding Inspiration Everywhere!

The inspiration for this card??? A bathing suit! This week my daughter & I have been doing a Mommy & Me swim class. It's been wonderful because we've been in the high nineties & now over one hundred degrees every day here in So Cal! It's so refreshing to jump in the pool! I bought a new bathing suit for my daughter this year & I absolutely love it! The photo below is a pic of her bathing suit:
Isn't it cute! I love all of the colors together & the crazy floral pattern! So I knew I could achieve the same look on a card. I used the floral stamp from the Together Forever set & repeatedly stamped the image using Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla card stock. Then I used my Stampin' Write Markers to color in the flowers. I love the way this card turned out! It was very time consuming-now I know why I usually do such simple & basic cards, especially with a toddler who doesn't want to nap! It's almost like making your own designer paper when you use a stamp repeatedly to make a background. It's so much fun because you can really be unique. I loved the background so much that I didn't really want to do anything else to the card & distract from it. I wanted to make this a birthday card though, so I stamped the greeting & adhered it to the center with Stampin' Dimensionals.
The photo above is the inside of the card. I love Chocolate Chip card stock, but it's a little dark to write on! So I added this Very Vanilla piece inside of the card as well, & added the flowers for a little detail. Start looking around your house, clothing, garden, etc. You'll find inspiration everywhere!
All supplies Stampin' Up!: Together Forever, Hugs & Wishes stamp sets; Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla card stock; Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion Classic Stampin' Pads; Pink Passion, Only Orange, Gable Green, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

One of my very favorite cards EVER! I LOVE it!!!