Friday, September 26, 2008

A Quick Fall Project

So I finally broke down & bought the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. And I am in love with it! This was the first major project that I made using the Big Shot. I thought of the idea & then it took me less than an hour to finish the entire thing! Here it is:
This was so easy to make! First I cut the large scallop circles out of chipboard using the Big Shot. It was a breeze! Then I cut the designer paper out using the same scallop circle die & the Big Shot again. It was awesome because I cut 4 sheets all at the same time! Then I glued the designer paper onto the chipboard (I made mine double-sided with designer paper just to make it extra pretty!). Next I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch holes at the top of each scallop circle & then to attach a jumbo eyelet. Then I used the Big Shot again to cut out the larger circles that the the chipboard letters sit on. I glued those on & then glued the naked chipboard letters right on top of them (unfortunately I didn't have any Stampin' Up! chipboard letters). Then I stamped my 4 images, punched them out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch, glued them down to slightly larger circles that I had cut with the Big Shot earlier & then attached them to my project using Pop-Up Glue Dots. Then I added a couple of small embellishments for decoration. Lastly I used some Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon to tie each piece around a hook on a shelf in my family room & then tied a coordinating piece of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in a bow just for a little something extra. And now I have a beautiful little fall decoration for my home! This would make a super fun & easy class as well.
Here are some close-ups:






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE these Julie!!! I'll definitely be CASEing this idea soon!!! TFS!