Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Swap Bags

It seems like everybody lately has been making cute little bags to hold their swaps in. I saw these plain canvas bags at JoAnn's & thought I would give it a try too. I made one for myself & for my downline, Cheryl, who goes with me every month to our demonstrator meeting. We'll get to try them out tonight at our meeting. These were so simple to make. I just stamped on the bags with the Headline Alphabet stamp set & Chocolate Chip craft pad. Then I used a bunch of the Flower Fusion felt flowers to decorate it with. I just laid our the flowers where I wanted them, then I poked a hole going through the flowers & the bag, inserted a silver brad through all of the layers & then spread the prongs on the inside of the bag to hold them in place. Lastly, I tied some ribbon around one of the handles, just because I thought it looked cute! Oh, and on Cheryl's I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch out holes every 1/2" so that I could thread the Chocolate Chip ribbon through it. I really like how it turned out!


No comments: