Monday, May 25, 2009

Surf's Up!

At least it is here in Southern California! We've already been having some nice, warm summer weather!
This card was so fun & easy to make. I just ripped some Kraft card stock in 2 different layers to make it look like sand & then sprayed it with a little water & Close to Cocoa ink refill in an old Stampin' Mist bottle to look like specks of sand. Then I cut a piece of Pacific Point card stock straight to represent the horizon, but heat embossed using white embossing powder the waves to look like whitecaps. Then I stamped the surfboard in Kiwi Kiss & just cut it out. I glued it down on to the larger layer of sand & then adhered the smaller layer of sand over the edge of the surfboard with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I punched out the sun using the Scallop Circle Punch in Barely Banana card stock & the 1-3/8" Circle Punch in Summer Sun card stock. I then put Crystal Effects over the Summer Sun circle so it looks nice & shiny. Lastly I just stamped the "surf's up" message! This would be a great summer birthday card or for a simple hello card.
Have a great Memorial Day!

No comments: