Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sweet Baby Boy

Believe it or not I actually went to a baby shower today for a sweet little boy! It seems like I know a couple dozen pregnant ladies right now & it seems like just about all of them (including me) are having little girls! So it was fun to get away from pink for a change! Remember when I declared "Sewing Week" at my house back in April? Well it actually turned into about 2-3 weeks! It just seems to take me so much longer to get things done these days! That & the fact that I always seem to be in the middle of 3 or 4 different projects at once! Anyway, I was making tons of these simple extra-large flannel baby blankets for my many upcoming baby showers. Today's shower was for my friend Lauren & this is the fabric I used for her. Of course I had to make a matching little gift tag to go with the gift. Turns out she loves owls too so it worked out perfectly! I love that with Stampin' Up! I always have supplies to work with that match pretty much anything! It really adds a nice touch to gifts!
Here's a photo of the whole thing put together:
And here's the baby card that I made:

It turns out her husband loves sailboats, so this one worked out perfectly too! It's hard to tell in the photo, but I used the texturz plate with the small polka dots on it to emboss the Chocolate Chip background card stock. It looks really great in person!



No comments: