Sunday, March 7, 2010

Clear Stamps

Stampin' Up! has come out with something else that's new for them-clear stamps! I was very reluctant at first because my experience thus far with other clear stamps has not been very good. I love my wood-mounted stamps! Well, I finally broke down & bought a couple of clear stamp sets from Stampin' Up! & got a hostess set plus a couple of Sale-a-bration sets in the clear-mount as well. So far I've been really impressed! They are very easy to prepare for use & the compact size makes them easier to store. That just means more stamps that I can fit on my shelves! And they're cheaper too! For example the Vintage Vogue stamp set that I show below is $23.95 for wood-mount, but only $17.95 for clear-mount. You do have the additional cost initially of buying clear blocks to mount your stamps on, but the clear-mount stamps are repositionable so you can re-use those same clear blocks over & over again. I also like the clear blocks because you can position numerous stamps on the same block creating a collage & then just stamp it all at once on your project. Awesome! And I love that the Stampin' Up! clear-mount stamps are still made with the foam & rubber so that the stamped image is as good as ever. So here's a little more info about the new clear-mount stamps through pictures-

They come in DVD-style cases which helps you save on storage space. I love that the front cover shows you the stamp set images & the spine shows thumbnails of the images along with the set name so that it's easy to find which stamp set you're looking for. Nice clean storage on my shelf:
Here's what the front cover looks like (images are shown at 100%):
When you first open the case this is what you get. The rubber is die-cut though so it's easy to punch each stamp out. There is also a label sheet that you can adhere to the back of the rubber stamp for easier positioning on the clear block:
Here's how you get going, step-by-step! Punch out the rubber stamp:
Peel off the backing from the stamp:
If you want to put the labels on the back of the stamp (which I recommend), you have to peel the paper off first, starting in the center where it's cut:
Then match up the stamp on the label & press down:
Peel it up & the label will stick to the back of the stamp:
Here they are in the storage case:
Here's the back of the case with them all ready to go:
The clear blocks come in many different sizes too & they're very sturdy acrylic:
Just to show you how much space these save! 5 wood-mount sets next to 5 clear-mount sets:
Then you position your stamp onto the clear block & ink it up! I just stamped the flowers quickly to show you that the quality of the clear-mount stamps is just as awesome as the wood-mount ones:
If you have any questions about clear-mount stamps or want more info or to order your own email me!

No comments: