Friday, May 21, 2010

Fabric Flowers

So I've finally used some fabric with my Big Shot. I love that thing, it will cut through almost anything! I've been seeing some really cute fabric flowers all over crafty blogs & have been wanting to try some myself. Last week I got some fabric scraps out & decided to make some of my own using my Big Shot & the Bigz XL Flower Folds die. I just watched a YouTube video, click here, on how to assemble them from a link on Patty's Stamping Spot. So easy! I didn't make mine exactly the way she did in the video, but it was a great intro to watch. I can whip these out in about 5-10 minutes. The best part? No sewing required!
So I thought about sewing the flowers onto my daughter's t-shirt, but I didn't really want to have them permanently on the shirt. I wanted to be able to use the shirt in plain white again if I wanted to. So I simply glued a tiny safety pin on the back with felt strips through to make it more secure. Now I can put the flowers on & take them off of different t-shirts, sweaters, etc. as often as I want to. Such a fun way to change up clothes! And I can interchange them between both of my girls too which is fun.
Here's a close-up of the pin:
I also made a matching hair clip too. You can find the plain silver hair clips at your local craft store for super cheap. At my local craft store they were in the jewelry aisle.
And a close-up:
So then I decided to get out some of my Stampin' Up! felt flowers & crocheted flowers to make some other clips & pins. So fun!
Here's my daughter wearing the crocheted pin on one of her simple dresses. It just adds an extra cuteness to the dress!

No comments: