Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pretty Little Owls

This new Two-Step Owl Punch is so stinkin' cute! I knew I had to buy it as soon as I saw it in the new catalog. Owls have been popping up everywhere lately & I'm lovin' it! The inspiration for this card came from one of my daughter's bibs:
I love these colors! My Stampin' Up! color translation was: Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery & So Saffron. With the owl punch it was so fast & easy to make these cute little owls. I also used the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch with a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock to act as my branch for the owls to sit on. And I used my Birds & Blooms Sizzlit with my Big Shot to cut out the leaves. The pretty polka dot paper came from the Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack. In the new catalog you can buy a paper stack that has 2 sheets each of 2 double-sided designs in 12" x 12" size paper in each color collection. Each stack is $19.95 for 40 sheets total. My favorite new color collection is the Subtles: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist & Perfect Plum. Such pretty colors! Oh & I used a new stamp set for the greeting on my card too. It's called Fabulous Phrases. I love this font! And I decided to buy all of my new sets as clear stamps to give it a try. It's a pretty significant savings though-on this set it was $10 less than the wood version. So far I really like the clear stamps too! Well, I hope you enjoy my happy little owl card! And remember that you can find inspiration for your cards anywhere!

No comments: