Friday, October 15, 2010

Baby Gift Set

So you all know by now that I am completely obsessed with pink & brown right? When I came across these coordinating pink & brown snuggly flannel fabrics at my local fabric store I had to buy some up. I knew that I wanted to attempt to make a cute baby gift set for some good friends of ours who just had their first baby-a sweet little girl. And then at Hobby Lobby in AZ while visiting my parents I came across this coordinating brown & pink gift box & it was cheap (I really wish we had a Hobby Lobby here!). I knew this would be perfect to package all of the baby goodies up in. Ok, so here's what I made for the gift:

Baby bibs. I had viewed various tutorials on how to make baby bibs & basically just ended up making them in what I thought was the easiest way. I took one of my favorite baby bibs & used that as a guide & these really were pretty easy. I think they turned out super cute for my first attempt at baby bibs. I made 5 bibs in the 5 different patterns & then the back of each is either solid pink or solid brown flannel. And I just sewed on Velcro for them to be attached with.
Here's one close-up. My favorite print, of course, is the pink & brown damask.
Burp cloths. Again, I had never tried these before, but they were easy too! I just bought a package of plain white burp cloths & then sewed on a piece of printed flannel down the middle. Again, I made 5, one in each cute pattern. This flannel is so0000 soft!
Here's one opened up for you to see:
Baby taggie blankie. I decided that this was a necessity too! My Aidynn still loves her taggie blankies! This one is just so cute too. I used the pink & brown damask flannel on the front & then some chocolate brown minky fabric on the back & a few different coordinating ribbons. I love how this one looks!
Flannel baby blanket. Always good to have right? I like to make mine pretty big because we like to lay them out on the carpet too so that baby has a clean, soft place to roll around on. They're also great to use as a carseat or stroller blanket for outings. And now my girls are older & just love to snuggle up with their flannel blankets each night. For this one I used the pink & brown damask on one side (I told you it was my fav!) & then brown with pink polka dots on the other side. It is super soft!
Here's a picture of the box all closed up. I just need to tie some pretty ribbon around it & it's ready to be delivered!
Oh yeah, I decided that I needed to make a matching baby card too! This layout using the Top Note die for the Big Shot is one of my favorites! And I love the little rhinestone brad on the stamped pink damask image-so pretty!
Overall, my first baby gift set turned out pretty well, so I think I will be making more of these for gifts in the future! I'd like to try some other fabrics too besides the flannel.
I hope that this new family like pink & brown!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

So fabulous!! What a beautiful present. And I know how much time that all took.