Monday, October 18, 2010

Santa came to my house...

and dropped off one of these:
Ok, so it wasn't really Santa, but my hubby brought me my Christmas present a little early last week! I can't even tell you how excited I am! I don't even care that I won't have anything to open on Christmas (or my birthday)!

My little Janome SewPetite has been good to me. We've done many projects together. I've pushed her to the limits & she's pulled through every time. While trying to finish my niece's birthday present last week, however, I could tell we were nearing the end. There was some chugging, some slowing, random, jumpy stitching & a lot of whining! I think the poor girl is just all worn out!

While at a random trip to Wal-mart we came across this sewing machine. It's a Brother. A Project Runway Limited Edition. Too bad I've never seen that show, but the sewing machine looks awesome! Compared to my old machine this one is a little overwhelming for me! There are so many options & possibilities with this one! It's computerized, it has 50 stitches (standard, decorative & quilting), accessories (buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper & blind stitch attachments), an automatic needle threader, a quick-set drop-in bobbin, a drop feed for free-motion quilting & a super-bright light! How did I ever sew without these things before? I just thought I would share, plus I didn't have anything else to blog about today! So hopefully I will be getting some more projects done this week to share with you soon!

Good-bye old friend,
I can't wait to get to know you new friend!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Wahoo!! I am so excited for you. Happiness to Christmas and your birthday. What a good husband. Have fun learning to use it :) Oh, I just love sewing.

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

That is so exciting!

I saw your blog featured on Creation Corner and so glad I did! I'm now a follower :)