Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Handmade Christmas: Snuggly Flannel Blanket

I love, love, LOVE snuggly homemade flannel blankets! They are just so cozy! I made a larger one for Kaylee when she got a little older (Ariel flannel, of course) & so I decided that I would make one for Aidynn this year for Christmas. It is such a fast & easy project too. I had found this bright pink damask flannel a while back & just had to buy it because it matches the decor of Aidynn's nursery. I love it! And it is super soft too! Plus, I thought it was the perfect project to test drive my new sewing machine with. Let me tell you, that girl is a lot for me to handle! But I like it! I found myself just seeing how fast I could go, kinda like driving a really fast car! (That may be why some of my stitches are not as straight as I would like them to be-oops!)
And I used a bright green polka dot flannel on the back of the blanket-also in her nursery decor. I love how it matches her room & I can't wait to give it to her so she can snuggle with it!

No comments: