Saturday, October 2, 2010

Halloween Week: Pumpkin Magnets

Yep, I used my Big Shot again for another Halloween project! Honestly, I know that the Big Shot is expensive, but I have already made so many awesome projects with that thing, it was definitely worth the money. It is so handy! I love that it cuts through almost anything too. Ok, so my project for today is pumpkin magnets. This takes 5 minutes tops! Stampin' Up! sells magnetic sheets that you can run through your Big Shot. I've found that it's easiest & saves you more magnet sheet if you cut out small pieces with scissors to the size you need for the shape you are die cutting. With a thick material like the magnet sheets it's best to only use one layer at a time with the Big Shot. Then I just ran the magnet pieces through the Big Shot using the Pumpkins #2 die. I also ran some orange with teeny tiny white polka dots designer paper through the same die (I know my picture isn't great so it's hard to see the designer paper). Then I just peeled off the paper on the magnet pumpkin shapes to expose the adhesive & stuck my orange paper right onto the magnet. I also ran some black card stock through for the faces of the pumpkins & then glued them right onto the orange paper. Now our fridge is even decorated for Halloween! My girls love seeing these pumpkins up there too! These would be fun to make if you had a large magnet board or something like that too for October.

To see other magnets I've made click here.

This is my last post of Halloween Week too. I hope you enjoyed stopping by & maybe you were even inspired to get a little crafty for Halloween! I just might have a couple more Halloween ideas to show you too this month so check back soon!

No comments: