Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude

I teach the 16 to 18 year old young women every Sunday at my church. Our last lesson was about gratitude. It was a very appropriate lesson seeing as Thanksgiving is this week & all. The lesson was a little short & I knew that I would need something to fill up the extra time with. I came up with this simple card for the girls to make:
I love these fall colors together-Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, More Mustard & Chocolate Chip. They made the cards & then I told them to give it or mail it to someone telling them why you are grateful for them. The girls really had fun making the cards.

I also found these super cute journals in the dollar bin at Michaels. I simply jazzed them up a little by adding their monogram inside of a scallop circle. I love monograms! My challenge to them is to write one thing that they're grateful for every day for an entire year. I know that some days it might be hard to think of what you're grateful for, but even if we're enduring some trials in our life there is always something to be grateful for. I hope that they do it!
And on the inside cover I included an awesome quote about gratitude:
During this week of Thanksgiving I am grateful for so many things. I am most grateful for my family & for our health! What are you most thankful for this year?

No comments: