Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holiday Blocks

So, yes, two days before Thanksgiving I finally finished my holiday blocks. I have been meaning to get these done all month long! Stampin' Up! now sells these 3" x 3" MDF blocks. They are $9.95 for 4 blocks. I knew that I wanted to make an "autumn" sign for on top of the TV with this super cute Autumn Spice Designer Paper since I don't have a lot of fall themed decorations for our house. Then I decided to just keep flipping the blocks around to make as many signs as I could out of them. So I made the four seasons first: autumn, winter, spring & summer. Now I can leave these up all year long!


I still had 2 other sides to decorate so I wanted to think of holidays that I don't have many decorations for. I decided on Valentine's Day & Easter to finish my blocks off.

They were so easy to make too! I picked cute designer paper then cut it to 3" x 3." Then I applied some Mod Podge to the block & stuck the paper on. Then I cut out the letters with my Big Shot & glued them onto the center of each block. Last, I covered each block in Mod Podge to seal it. So this was my first time using Mod Podge (crazy, I know) & I have to say it is awesome! I now understand the Mod Podge obsession!