Monday, December 20, 2010

Handmade Christmas: Fabric Gift Card Holders

Did you see this Gift Card Cozy tutorial over at Make It and Love It a while back? So stinkin' cute! I decided that I just had to try these out this year for my daughter's preschool teacher gifts. They were so easy & I think they look pretty cute too! In case you're wondering if my photo is off, it's not, the holder on the right is slightly wider than the one on the left. It just worked a little better for me. I added the yo-yo flower to the one on the left too (I need to try some other types of fabric flowers too) & it just looked darling! I used my Big Shot & my ribbon trim die to cut the scallop out of fabric to make the scalloped border for the one on the right. It looks really cute, but I wish I had some red fabric so it stood out more.
A little holder for their Starbucks love:
Then I sewed a quick little gift bag out of this cute red polka dot fabric to hold the gift cards & they each got a desktop calendar too, of course!
Merry Christmas to our wonderful preschool teachers!

No comments: