Friday, December 17, 2010

Handmade Christmas: Felt Grocery Bags

Here's another handmade project that's part of my girls' play kitchen gift for Christmas. I decided to make some really simple felt grocery bags for them to use to pretend to grocery shop with & to help cart all of their play food around in. I used my Big Shot to cut letters out of felt to spell "food" (real original, I know, but it's a short word perfect for a beginning reader) & I also used it to cut the letters out of Heat & Bond. It made it so easy to adhere the letters to the bags. I also used my pinking shears along the top of the bags to make them look like real grocery bags. I hope that the felt holds up!
And I found some really cute, cheap fabric food at Ikea a couple of months ago & put it inside of the bags to wrap it all up together:
Of course, I had to make 2:
Wow, I'm on a roll this week! I am so excited to be finishing up my handmade Christmas gifts, right in time! I only have a couple left!

No comments: