Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Handmade Christmas: Gift Card Envelopes

One of our go-to gifts for people, especially for people who are hard to shop for, is to buy a bunch of gift cards to different restaurants that they like. You can't go wrong with that right? My first thought was to sew some cute little fabric wallets to put the gift cards in, that way you could see them all too. But, I just haven't had the time or patience to figure it out in time to get these wrapped up for Christmas. So I decided just to make some fabric envelopes. A very easy design & super fast to finish! These are great because they use up your small scraps of fabric too. And it's fun to add the little embellishments on them-the one on the left has a clear gem on it & the one on the right has a button. I just used a little velcro to keep them closed.
Here they are open with cute polka dot linings (I do love polka dots!):
So I fit 5 gift cards in each envelope, but they could easily hold a few more too:
I hope that the recipients enjoy their gift cards & their cute gift card envelopes. They can use the envelopes to keep their gift cards safe until they're ready to use them or they can use the envelopes for something else. So handy!

No comments: