Monday, December 6, 2010

Handmade Christmas: Kiddie Kitchen Menus

I know, it's been a while since I've posted some of the gifts I am making for my handmade Christmas this year. I have been working like crazy though in my {very rare} spare time. Remember I told you how my girls are getting a little play kitchen this year for Christmas? And remember I made them a kiddie apron & chef hat set for them to wear while they cook in their kitchen? This project is another one for their play kitchen. Well, when my older daughter gets into her pretend play groove she goes all out. I mean she really, really gets into it! It just amazes me the imagination & creativity of this girl! So I knew that she would love some menus to go with her play kitchen since she already loves to "cook" for us & play waitress every day. I decided to create something in My Digital Studio. I just went with the pink & black color scheme to coordinate with their aprons. And I kept them pretty simple, but I think they look so cute!

Here are the covers of the menus (one for each of my daughters, of course):

For the inside I just grabbed some images off of Google images {thanks everyone who shares their images on there} & pasted them into my digital project to create the inside of the menus:

Then I exported the digital pages that I had created to jpeg & had them printed in 8" x 10" size at Costco ($1.49 each). I just glued them onto some black construction paper & then took them to Lakeshore (teacher supply store) to have them laminated ($0.95 total). I cut them out, folded them & here they are:

I know my girls will love having these menus to use with their play kitchen & they were so fast & inexpensive to make!

No comments: