Monday, January 31, 2011

Countdown to Valentine's Day Garland

I knew I wanted to make some sort of countdown to Valentine's Day for my family. I was going to make a garland, but then found this cute ribbon one at Michaels & bought it with one of my coupons. I used my Big Shot to cut out the little bags from some pink polka dot paper. I punched out the white hearts & stamped the numbers on them (1-14). I glued the stamped hearts onto the bags, assembled the bags & then attached them to the garland using clothespins. I figure that I can put candy or little love notes in the bags for each day as we count down to Valentine's Day. I hung them up starting with 14 & going to 1 since we are counting down, but when I stand back & look at it now it just looks backwards to me. Maybe I'll flip them around so they're numbered in order the right way?
I needed to hang this up high where little, curious hands wouldn't bother it when they're not supposed to! So I hung it up on one of the walls in our eating area:

I love how easy this was & how festive it looks!

No comments: