Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love Sign

I have a hard time throwing things out. I always think that one day it will come in handy or that one day I will think of something crafty to do with it. I have quite a few photo mats just laying around from frames that I've purchased but didn't need/want the mat for the photos. So what to do with all of these mats?
I decided to create a little Valentine's Day art:
This was so fast & easy to make too! I just took some super cute red heart designer paper & wrapped & glued it around the plain white mat. This turned the mat into its own frame now. Then I tied some pretty pink satin ribbon around the upper left side. I glued a piece of white card stock behind the mat. Then I used my Big Shot to cut out the letters l, v & e from pink card stock & I used my heart punch to punch out a big red heart from some textured card stock & glued them all down in the center of the white card stock to spell "love." I'm thinking about adding a couple small fabric flowers of some sort onto the frame on the bottom right corner, but I'm not sure. Maybe it would be too much? Hmmmm...
In the meantime this frame is pretty darn sturdy & makes a cute addition to my Valentine's Day art collection:
Love it!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

So cute!! I love your countdown too. You make the cutest things