Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Coloring Wallet

So I also made this cute coloring wallet as a gift for my niece for her birthday & am just getting around to sharing it with you today!
Here it is all folded up:
And here it is once you open it:
I've seen so many coloring wallets like this around online & I thought it was time that I made one too! I actually have one for my girls that I bought a couple of years ago, but it's pretty big so we hardly ever take it with us. For the coloring wallet I just drew up a template on some paper & got to cutting & sewing. It has a pocket that holds a pad of paper 4" x 6" in size (pretty easy to find the refills at Target or Staples) & also a strip of pockets on the side to hold 6 crayons. Then it folds up & secures closed with some velcro. And the best part is that this project doesn't use much fabric at all & it's so quick to make. Of course for my little niece, Princess Ainsley, I used some pretty princess crown fabric that I had, lined it with bright pink fabric & added a sparkly heart jewel to the front. I can't wait to make some for my girls. And actually I think this is going to be my go-to gift for kiddos this year! It's the perfect size to stick in your purse or diaper bag to keep the kids occupied at church, restaurants, waiting rooms, road trips, etc.

1 comment:

Delina said...

I just awarded you the Stylish Blogger award!! Stop on by to pick it up!!

http://dewthis.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger.html

Delina
Dew This