Friday, February 18, 2011

A Quilt-ish Card

I have quilts on the brain right now. One of my crafty goals for 2011 is to make a quilt. It is now the middle of February & I am feeling a little overwhelmed about this goal. But lately I have been doing a lot of research online about quilting so hopefully that will help. I really don't know what I am doing, so we'll see how this goes!
So with thoughts of quilts in my head paired with this new, beautiful designer paper from Stampin' Up!, my sister-in-law's birthday card was created! I love this designer paper! It's called Springtime Vintage & it is divine! It is very feminine & it looks lovely, like real fabric. And you know what? Stampin' Up! sells this as real fabric too! Yummy! I used that for the present that I made for my SIL that coordinates with the card (pics to come in another post). I just love when everything coordinates! This card was very easy to make too. I just punched out nine 1-1/4" sized squares out of nine of the coordinating papers & glued them down on a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock so that it resembled a quilt. I added a vintage flower adornment on the lower right square because it adds a little dimension & it is just so pretty. Then a simple "birthday wishes" stamp & I glued it all onto the Baja Breeze card. I love how this card turned out! Now if only real quilting was so easy!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I took a quilting class and loved it, it was a short 4 week class (once a week) at a local (family owned, even better!) fabric shop. It taught the basics of quilting and I also learned many other skills that cross over to other aspects of sewing...might be worth the time if you are feeling overwhelmed on your own. Good luck